A compatibility report checks the web pages and CSS files for any errors and incompatibility in code with the DocType and CSS schema you have defined in your page.
To generate Compatibility report, follow these steps:
1. Open the web site; choose one or multiple pages from the Folder list task pane or Web site view. Select one or more style sheets in the similar manner. You can open individual pages and generate a compatibility report to get a better readability.
2. Go to Tools > Compatibility Reports. If you have Compatibility task pane open in your workspace to regenerate a report click on ‘Run Compatibility Checker’ button.
3. In the Compatibility Checker dialog box, choose any options given below:
· Check where: Choose the pages you want to check.
· Check HTML/XHTML compatibility with: lets you choose the frameset or schema based on which the compatibility check should be carried out. If you check the box ‘Run check based on doctype declaration in page if available’ the DocType declaration would be used to check the compatibility instead.
· Check CSS compatibility with: lets you choose the schema for the checking the styles sheets and CSS in reference pages.
4. Click on Check to run the report. Compatibility Report would be generated in the Compatibility task pane at the bottom of the workspace.
Filed Under: Expression Web
About the Author: Minal is a freelance web and graphics designer. She specializes in designing Logos, Stationery, Graphics and Icons as well as website templates using graphical tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Expression Web. Twitter @saffronstroke