The Quick Tag Editor enables you to quickly add, modify or wrap a set of tags around other tag or set of tags while working in Design view or Code view of a web page. You also have access to IntelliSense in Quick Tag Editor.
To access Quick Tag Editor:
1. Switch to Design or Code view in your workspace and place the cursor at the position where you want to add or modify or wrap an HTML tag.
2. Do any one of the following:
· Go to Edit > Quick Tag Editor or
· key in the shortcut keys CTRL + Q or
· On the Quick Tag Selector bar located at the top of the document, select the tag you want to modify, click on the small arrow next to it and from the menu; choose Edit Tag, Insert HTML or Wrap Tag.
The Quick Tag Editor looks as shown below:
3. The editor gives you three options:
· Edit Tag – enables you to edit a current tag with its attributes and properties, along with addition of new tags.
· Insert HTML – lets you add HTML to the page
· Wrap Tag – lets you nest tags by adding tags inside the one selected by you.
4. The drop down menu on the left of the Quick Tag Editor lets you select either of the above mentioned functions. The next box is where you enter your HTML and the right most buttons; green right mark means Enter and the red cross means Cancel.
Filed Under: Expression Web
About the Author: Minal is a freelance web and graphics designer. She specializes in designing Logos, Stationery, Graphics and Icons as well as website templates using graphical tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Expression Web. Twitter @saffronstroke