Long back in 1990s it was a challenge to embed videos into your web pages. But now most third party gadgets have made it quite simple to add a video into your page.
Similarly you can have a You Tube video embedded into your Microsoft Expression Web web page. All you have to do is copy the You Tube code and add it into the Code view in Expression Web. Just follow these steps:
- Visit You Tube and open the video you wish to embed.
- Copy the code (Embed code).
- Open your website/web page in Microsoft Expression Web.
- Either open Code view or Split view and place your cursor where the video is to be added.
- Paste the code.
- Save and Preview in the browser.
7. You can make any adjustments to video (object) size, etc in the code.
NOTE: The Design view would not display the video. It would display an error that says ‘A control of the specified type could not be found’.
This is because the Design Pane is just to preview window for your markup. Video is an Active content and hence it will not be played in Design view. Just ignore the error and preview it in the browser. The video will run fine.
Filed Under: Expression Web
About the Author: Minal is a freelance web and graphics designer. She specializes in designing Logos, Stationery, Graphics and Icons as well as website templates using graphical tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Expression Web. Twitter @saffronstroke