You may have to add some technical terms and their definition in your pages. So when you have to present such list of terms and definitions, you can add a definition list to your pages. The Definition List <dl> consists of a set of a Defined Term <dt> and its Definition <dd>. These tags help you to arrange your terms and their definition in an organized manner.
Create a definition list
- Open your web page in Design view and place your cursor where you want your definition list to begin.
- On the Common Toolbar*or Formatting Toolbar*, click the Style drop down box and then select Defined List <dt>.
- Then type the first term of the list and hit ‘Enter’. The next line will be automatically formatted (indented towards right) as a definition list. Type the definition and again hit the enter key.
- Continue with the next term and its definition in the similar way.
- To discontinue the definition list hit the ‘Enter’ key twice.
A definition list would look as shown below:
* To view the Common or Formatting toolbars, right click on any toolbar and from the menu choose Common or Formatting.
Filed Under: Expression Web
About the Author: Minal is a freelance web and graphics designer. She specializes in designing Logos, Stationery, Graphics and Icons as well as website templates using graphical tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Expression Web. Twitter @saffronstroke