You may want to redirect to a web page from another for some reason. Say your site is down for maintenance and you do not want the readers to see an error or a blank page. In such case, you can redirect them to a meaningful web page, for instance another web site or a page that displays a message for the readers. Behaviors let you achieve this in simple way.
- Go to Panels menu and choose ‘Behaviors’. The Behaviors panel would be pinned next to the Apply and Manage Styles panels.
- Click on Insert and choose ‘Go to URL’ from the drop menu.
- The Go To URL dialog box would be prompted as shown below:
- The behavior would then be visible in the Behaviors panel as shown here:
- Save your page and preview in the browser.
NOTE: In earlier versions of EW these panels were known as task panes.
Enter the URL or browse to the file and click OK.
The Events list lets you set the event on which the action (Go To URL) should occur. Choose an event. For our example, where we want to redirect to different page since our site is down for maintenance, we would choose ‘onload event’.
Filed Under: Expression Web
About the Author: Minal is a freelance web and graphics designer. She specializes in designing Logos, Stationery, Graphics and Icons as well as website templates using graphical tools like Photoshop, Illustrator and Expression Web. Twitter @saffronstroke